St. Louis College of Pharmacy offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. These programs provide diverse patient care learning experiences working with highly qualified pharmacist preceptors. Residents are appointed to the College’s faculty and are enrolled in a teaching and learning curriculum conducted exclusively for resident trainees.
The College’s PGY1 residency programs provide a variety of patient care experiences to prepare residents for generalist practice or specialty residency training. The College offers residency programs with training sites in community pharmacies, ambulatory care clinics, and in health systems.
- PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency (6 positions): L&S Pharmacy, Pharmax Pharmacy, Schnucks Pharmacy, Walgreens Pharmacy
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (4 positions): Mercy Hospital St. Louis
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (4 positions): VA St. Louis Health Care System
The College’s PGY2 residency programs provide advanced training in one of several specialty areas. These programs provide the added training to become independent practitioners in a specialty area and role model practitioner-educators.
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency (1 position): St. Louis County Department of Public Health
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency (1 position): SSM Health St. Mary’s Outpatient Clinic
- PGY2 Infectious Diseases Residency (1 position): VA St. Louis Health Care System
- PGY2 Internal Medicine Residency (1 position): VA St. Louis Health Care System
Residencies at a Glance
As a resident at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, you will have the following unique opportunities:
- Lead small group case discussions in pharmacotherapy courses.
- Serve as an instructor in practice labs.
- Deliver didactic lectures to pharmacy students.
- Participate in research projects.
- Complete resident seminar presentations.
Throughout the program, residents are provided with access to library services, online resources, internet and email access, and audiovisual resources. The College also provides financial support for travel to a national meeting as well as a full benefits package.