Public Safety Officer 2nd shift
(Posted on: 3/20/2017)
General Description :
Reporting to the Public Safety Supervisor, the Public Safety Officer will maintain high visibility patrols of College buildings, facilities and grounds. Enforce local, state, federal laws, College policies and parking regulations. Responds to all emergencies and calls for service. Provide outstanding customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus. Prepare written and computerized reports with specific, accurate, and comprehensive information. Conduct daily security and safety assessments of the campus that would create a potential risk to the campus community. Work 2nd shift, weekends, holidays and subject to emergency calls and overtime.
- Make routine foot and vehicle patrols
- Investigate suspicious activity and determines the appropriate action
- Writes thorough incident reports
- Responds to all radio/telephone calls, whether routine or emergency
- Communicates relevant information at shift change to other officers and staff.
- Effectively communicate with the students, faculty, staff and public.
- Enforces policies and procedures for the College
- Monitors the operation of CCTV, card access control and telephones from time to time
- Enforces parking regulations and issues citations when needed
- Understands fire and safety regulations and equipment
- Knowledge of crime prevention techniques; makes recommendations for crime prevention and reduction.
- Assist any local, state or federal first responders .
A. Education & Experience:
- A minimum high school diploma or GED required, an associate’s degree preferred, with at least 3-5 years of experience working in law enforcement, security and/or military.
- Adult CPR with First Aid and Automatic External Defibrillation (AED) certification required within 90 days of hire if not already held
- FEMA Courses IS100, IS200, IS700 and IS800
- Ability to obtain and maintain an armed St Louis Metro Secuity License
- Background Check (MVR)Hi
B. Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of current security regulations and student code of conduct policy/procedure commonly associated with post-secondary educational facilities
- Ability to assess and act prudently and quickly in crisis situations and deal with responses to emergencies
- Strong knowledge of and skills with technology including computer software programs for data collection, decision making, communication; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of access control procedures and concepts
- Knowledge and ability to operate CCTV system
C. Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to interpret and explain information to a variety of persons and groups.
- Strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to value diversity and demonstrate commitment to equity, inclusion, and culturally respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently toward department goals.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee may be required to run, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, balance, taste, and smell. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of moving equipment, if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Application Instructions :
Apply online and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D