Adjunct Instructor, Mathematics
(Posted on: 3/13/2017)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is seeking qualified applicants for one or two adjunct instructor positions to teach College Algebra and/or Precalculus starting Summer 2017.
You will have the opportunity to:
· Provide effective teaching of either College Algebra or Precalculus to pre-pharmacy students.
· Communicate regularly with other mathematics faculty, other faculty within the Department of Basic Sciences, and other staff and administrators at the College.
· A Master’s degree or PhD in Math or Math Education, or a related field with at least 18 credit hours of graduate mathematics.
· Ability to teach College Algebra and/or Precalculus at the college level.
· At least one to two years of prior teaching experience with a preference for experience using active learning strategies. Experience with course management software preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills coupled with outstanding communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a team committed to excellence.
· Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion; the ability to incorporate diversity, cultural competency or social justice into teaching, research, or service is desired.
· Willingness to support and participate in programmatic assessment.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D