Assistant Coach, Cross Country
(Posted on: 2/22/2017)
General Description :
- Assist with daily team operations including practice, game preparation and team conditioning activities.
- Complete NAIA online Champions of Character training within 60 days of hire and incorporate the five core values in all job responsibilities.
- Help enforce policies of Student Athlete Handbook and Student Athlete Code of Conduct
- Supervise team managers
- Assist head coach with team on all away trips
- Assist head coach with recruiting duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as Campus Security Authority (CSA) for Title IX issues, work with Athletics Administration on student athlete conduct and policy violations and support administration in enforcing other student conduct matters.
- Bachelors degree: preferred
- Experience: 2-3 years coaching at the high school and/or collegiate level preferred.
- Professional, business, leadership acumen: familiar with NAIA rules and regulations; professional development.
- Interpersonal relations skills: excellent communication with players and recruits; understanding of the challenging academic climate at STLCOP; flexibility in scheduling practices to accommodate students’ academic responsibilities; assessment of student athlete performance and conduct.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Commitment to the College Mission, Vision and Values including a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Physical ability to demonstrate necessary skills, teach drills and demonstrate plays for the sport.
- Transport or move necessary equipment for use at practices and games.
Application Instructions :
Apply online and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D