Corporate/Foundation and Major Gift Officer
(Posted on: 2/3/2017)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is currently seeking qualified candidates for a fundraising professional focusing on corporate and foundation giving. The Corporate/Foundation and Major Gift Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive corporate and foundation fundraising strategy to support our mission and strategic initiatives. This position also serves as a Major Gift Officer supporting development efforts for annual funds and capital campaigns.
- The position supports the college’s mission and strategic initiatives by identifying sources of corporate and foundation support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests, and by maintaining strong communication ties with corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
- Establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with corporate and foundation partners and prospective donors, as well as other key communities, that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the College.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporations, corporate foundations, and private foundations toward major and transformational gifts, mutually beneficial cooperative programs, or other partnerships.
o Increasing the visibility of the College in the corporate community.
- Serve as gift officer for the college and manage an assigned portfolio of donors. Personally solicit those donors for annual gifts, campaign and/or major gifts to the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree, or 10 years demonstrated experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CRFE) certification preferred,
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience, preferably in higher education
- Demonstrated success in corporate and foundation giving including knowledge of related corporate and foundation program research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing, strong preference for corporate and/or foundation grant applications..
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating major gifts from individual donors.
- Commitment to the College’s Mission, Vision and Values including a commitment to diversity.
Application Instructions :
Complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D