Manager, Research Office
(Posted on: 12/19/2016)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is currently seeking outstanding candidates to fill the position of research office manager. This position will coordinate an effective and efficient research support infrastructure for the research mission of St. Louis College of Pharmacy (STLCOP). Initial responsibility will be to create a research office, whose mission will be to promote, support and administer research and sponsored projects. The new research infrastructure will provide support across the pre- and post-award research lifecycle, including research development, proposal review and approval, grant, contract, account management, financial reporting, effort certification, and Uniform Guidance compliance. The administrator will develop and implement critical research policies and procedures, educate faculty and staff regarding the internal and external policies and procedures regarding research, and monitor organizational compliance with such policies.
- Responsible for creating culture of research support, administration, and infrastructure. Recommend, develop and implement research policies and procedures. Manage the communication, administration, and training for research-related policies.
- Work with faculty to identify potential research opportunities, provide consultation, develop and maintain a database of research interests.
- Advise faculty on application preparation, sponsor forms and certifications, internal and external endorsements, and advise/assist with letters of intent and collaboration agreements. Manage the internal administrative review of grant proposals.
- Manage and implement terms and conditions of research agreements and subagreements with sponsoring agencies. Serve as the liaison to agencies for funded projects, including negotiation of revisions and other contractual issues.
- Obtain institution credentialing and systems access for proposal submission to NIH, other federal government, and other sponsors. Create a database of submitted proposals, disposition, and success rates.
- Facilitate establishment of award accounts. Coordinate the transfer of grants. Track research salary funding and support payroll function. Design and implement tracking system to monitor activity related to time and effort reporting.
- Create purchasing guidelines and a system for purchasing and delivery of research equipment and supplies. Approve purchasing to ensure utilization, budget authority, and compliance.
- Create systems for research expenditure management, tracking and compliance. Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports on all research accounts, reconciling funds as necessary. Support Principal Investigators in financial matters and budget changes.
- Provide oversight for the responsibility of recordkeeping, reporting and approval procedures for funded projects to ensure compliance.
- Ensure required reports are submitted appropriately and on time. Assist faculty with project closeout and final reporting requirements.
- Manage overall compliance of externally funded sponsored research and contract.
- Identify research compliance responsibilities for investigators and staff; implement user-friendly solutions for training compliance.
- Complete special projects as directed by senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Five years of related research administration experience minimum; experience in a research university with a health sciences unit preferred
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Thorough knowledge of and expertise in federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies governing administration of research programs, grants, and contracts.
- Successful experience in sponsored programs administration and funding opportunities.
- Experience managing detailed budgets, planning, and integrating resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and exercise independent judgment.
- Strong analytical, research a skills. Ability to effectively and accurately prepare reports.
- Experience with electronic research management and workflow tools.
- Strong commitment to services, professionalism, and proficiency; ability to be proactive in resolving potential areas of concern or conflict.
- High standards for personal and professional excellence, achievement, and integrity;
- Collaborative individual with leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to the College’s Mission, Vision and Values including a commitment to diversity.
Application Instructions :
Complete the STLCOP application by selecting "Apply now" and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D