Assistant or Associate Professor, Biology
(Posted on: 11/21/2016)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Biological Sciences at the Assistant/Associate Professor level starting Fall 2017. Ph.D. is required. The successful candidate will teach in the Introductory Biology course sequence, contribute original scholarship in their field of specialty, participate in college-wide and departmental service, and aid the college with the implementation and evaluation of our B.S. and Pharm.D. curricula. This is an academic-year (9-month) appointment.
- Teach the required Introductory Biology course sequence (2 semesters) and provide lab instruction in at least one lab each semester; develop upper division courses in two health-related B.S. programs; and participate in development of other B.S. degrees.
- Develop an active research program in your subject area of biological science and/or the scholarship of teaching and learning in the Life Sciences. Limited start-up funds will be provided for candidates who wish to maintain ongoing field or bench research. Collaborations are encouraged both within STLCOP and throughout the surrounding Washington University/BJC medical campus. Preference will be given for candidates with experience mentoring undergraduate students in research.
- Provide service to the College through academic advising of students, advising of undergraduate student organizations, participating in professional organizations, and serving on Departmental, School of Arts & Sciences, and College-wide committees.
- A Ph.D. in a Biological Sciences discipline, such as Cell Biology or Genetics.
- Ability to teach Introductory Biology and develop upper-level courses.
- At least one to two years of prior college teaching experience (which can include graduate TA experience) with a preference for experience using active learning strategies. Experience with course management software preferred.
- Promise of pursuing an active and sustained research agenda in biological sciences or STEM education.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with outstanding communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a team committed to excellence.
- Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion.
- Willingness to support and participate in programmatic assessment.
Application Instructions :
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching philosophy (2 page limit), a statement of research interests (1 page limit), and names and contact information (e-mail and phone number) of at least three professional references as a single attachment through the College’s online application system. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D