Assistant or Associate Professor, Anatomy/Physiology
(Posted on: 11/21/2016)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Biological Sciences at the Assistant/Associate Professor level starting Fall 2017. Ph.D. is required. The successful candidate will teach in the Anatomy & Physiology course sequence, contribute original scholarship in their field of specialty, participate in college-wide and departmental service, and aid the college with the implementation and evaluation of our B.S. and Pharm.D. curricula. This is an academic-year (9-month) appointment.
- Teach the required Anatomy course and possibly other courses in the sequence (Biology or Physiology) and provide lab instruction in at least one lab each semester; develop upper division elective courses appropriate for two health-related B.S. programs; and participate in development of other B.S. degrees.
- Develop an active research program in your subject area of biological science and/or the scholarship of teaching and learning in the Life Sciences. Limited start-up funds will be provided for candidates who wish to maintain ongoing field or bench research. Collaborations are encouraged both within STLCOP and throughout the surrounding Washington University/BJC medical campus. Preference will be given for candidates with experience mentoring undergraduate students in research.
- Provide service to the College through academic advising of students, advising of undergraduate student organizations, participating in professional organizations, and serving on Departmental, School of Arts & Sciences, and College-wide committees.
- A Ph.D. in a Biological Science discipline with experience teaching Human Anatomy/Physiology.
- Ability to teach Human Anatomy and Physiology; willingness to develop and teach upper-level courses in the Biological Sciences.
- At least one to two years of prior teaching experience (which can include graduate TA experience) with a preference for experience using active learning strategies. Experience with course management software preferred.
- Promise of assuming an active and sustained research agenda in biological sciences or STEM education.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with outstanding communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a team committed to excellence.
- Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion; the ability to incorporate diversity, cultural competency or social justice into teaching, research, or service is desired.
- Willingness to support and participate in programmatic assessment.
Application Instructions :
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and a third document containing: a statement of teaching philosophy (2 page limit), research interests statement (1 page limit), and names and contact information (email and phone number) of at least three professional references through the College’s online application system at www.stlcop.edu. Please apply by February 3, 2017.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D