Theater Technician Intern
(Posted on: 1/12/2017)
General Description :
We are seeking the right individual to serve as a Theater Technician Intern for St. Louis College of Pharmacy’s Academic Technology department. The internship is paid. The intern will work with existing staff to conceptualize, implement, and support faculty and staff in live productions including plays, musicals, and presentations. The ideal candidate will be a junior, senior, or graduate student in a theater production, design, or stage management program with a desire to gain exposure and experience in a production environment.
· Work with Academic Technology staff to facilitate live event productions and recordings.
· Be exposed to and utilize the following technology tools: Jands Vista Lighting Control, Allen and Heath Audio Boards, and LED lighting instruments.
· Familiarity with theatrical lighting, wireless microphone systems, and audio mixing.
· Relevant coursework (junior-level college work and above) in production, design, or management OR commensurate experience in a related academic field (theater).
· Familiarity with lighting control systems (such as Jands Vista), audio mixing boards, and wireless microphone set-ups.
· Strong communications skills and the ability to troubleshoot in high pressure situations.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D