Administrative Systems Analyst
(Posted on: 1/3/2017)
General Description :
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is seeking Administrative Systems Analyst. This position is responsible for supporting, reviewing, analyzing, and configuring administrative information systems that are primarily utilized by the Enrollment Services, Business Office, and Student Affairs at St. Louis College of Pharmacy. This position will analyze business requirements; design and develop enterprise reporting structures and solutions; assist with the development of operational workflows and documentation; train users; and be the primary support coordinator with Administrative Systems vendors. The candidate must have strong business skills and will consult with users to identify and improve business processes and operating procedures.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality issues and provide support and troubleshooting. Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of administrative systems.
• Provide training to users. Assist departments in developing end-user procedures and documentation for administrative systems including operations, user guide, etc.
• Serve as a liaison with vendors to address and resolve administrative systems issues.
• Work with users to generate reports, validate data, evaluate new governmental or external party reporting requests, and implement changes or controls to ensure all externally submitted data is accurate and meets specified formatting requirements.
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes by studying current practices and comparing them to systems’ best practices.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new Administrative systems projects, including integrations among multiple systems
• Assist with installation of new software and/or upgrades. Assist with maintaining system and application security.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
• Four-year degree in Information Systems, Business, or other related subject and/or four years related experience and equivalent formal technical education.
• Advanced technical experience in administering and supporting applications with Microsoft SQL server DBMS.
• Must have experience handling multiple projects, deadlines, and tasks in an environment of changing priorities and limited resources.
• Experience with building system parameters and programming of batch processes.
• Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
• Basic technical expertise with systems networking, databases, and Web servers.
• Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently to solve problems and schedule tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience training users and creating procedural/technical documentation.
• Must have strong customer service skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional, and harmonious relationships with supervisors, team members, and other departmental staff.
• Strong personal management skills emphasizing: time management, organization, and attention to detail.
• Desire to learn and keep pace with changing technologies.
• Commitment to the College’s Mission, Vision and Values including a commitment to diversity.
Application Instructions :
Go to www.stlcop.edu/employment and follow the steps to complete an application online. Before submitting the application attach a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AA/EOE Statement: St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D