Important Questions for your Pharmacist
Asthma is a serious health issue. With the right combination of planning and medication, patients can reduce their risk of attacks, hospitalizations and prevent chronic symptoms.
If your asthma keeps you from doing what you want to do, ask your pharmacist or primary care provider these questions:
- How do my medicines help my asthma?
- When do I take my long-term controller medicine?
- How do I know if my controller is working?
- How do I take my quick-relief medicine?
- How do I use my medicine devices to get the medicine to my lungs?
- How do I clean and care for my devices?
- When should my devices be replaced?
- Where should I store my devices?
- Do I have allergies or heartburn that are making my asthma worse?
- What are the tips to help me quit smoking?