Important points to remember to prevent the spread of the flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or another part of your arm that is covered by a sleeve.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners, are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to stop the spread of germs.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Be vigilant about keeping your living, study and work spaces clean by using household products, which will kill the germs that spread influenza, including H1N1 flu.