Research at STLCOP
We make a difference. Just consider:
- We consistently graduate one of the top 20 largest classes of new pharmacists in the nation.
- Our graduates live in 48 states and 14 countries.
- Nearly 75 percent of all practicing pharmacists in the St. Louis metro area are STLCOP graduates.
Still, we're moving to extend our reach to achieve global prominence. How? Through our thought leadership. Partly by serving our community and the public at large, learning from those we serve while sharing our perspective. And partly that means asking questions—and looking for answers—about critical pharmacy and health issues.
For several years, we have had an Office for Research on Aging that has studied the health of older adults. But in the future, we are adding a collaborative research program based on partnerships with premier health care institutions and universities in St. Louis and beyond that will advance the practice of pharmacy to benefit everyone.
In alignment with our strategic plan, STLCOP 20/20, we have or are currently establishing the following research and academic centers:
- Center for Patient Education and Health Literacy
- Center for Interprofessional Education
We are just as committed to supporting the research of our faculty members and developing their expertise to promote potential research. It’s how we plan to stay in the forefront of our nation’s evolving health care system.