Wired for Success
Health care has become increasingly dependent on information technology in all settings, including pharmacies. STLCOP students are prepared for this technology-rich profession by using information technology throughout their academic career. We know that students are already wired, and while at STLCOP they make the most of electronic resources and communication. Wireless Internet access is available across campus, including every classroom and Residence Hall bedroom.
Every incoming first-year student receives a notebook computer, which is replaced with a newer model after three years of use. These tablet-style PCs include built-in Web cams that allow you to Skype with professors and peers. You’ll be able to access the College’s course management system, Moodle, from anywhere and easily download classroom content and lectures.
- All STLCOP students have a College email address and may access their email accounts on campus or from off-campus locations via a web-based email system. Students are expected to regularly check and maintain their campus email. And just how much virtual storage will you have? Students are allowed up to 300 megabytes on the academic server and 50 megabytes on the email server. Passwords should be kept confidential and changed every 90 days.
- Important information and emergency messages are transmitted electronically via television receivers, known as “hot boards,” at several campus locations: in Jones Hall near the reception desk; in the Residence Hall lobby across from the reception desk; and in the lobby of Whelpley Hall. Students should check the hot board frequently for important campus announcements.
- Web forums can be found on the MySTLCOP portion of the College website. In addition to discussions and opinions, you can find books and other items for sale, announcements, organizational information, campus event information, and postings of part-time jobs available to students.
- The IT Help Desk, located in Whelpley Hall room 4221, is your first stop for technical assistance. Staffed by four skilled technicians and several knowledgeable assistants, the Help Desk is a call away at ext. 5555 or available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours (when classes are in session) are 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday.
- Six computer workstations with scanners and a networked printer are located in the O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library in Jones Hall. In addition, high-speed, high-volume networked printers can be found in the Residence Hall common area and the Whelpley Hall atrium. Students are allowed 400 pages of free printing each semester and are charged a minimal fee for additional printing.
- Need a screen or projector for your next club meeting or event? Campus audiovisual and multimedia equipment and resources are available for checkout. For more information, contact the IT Help Desk at ext. 5555.
- Yes, people do still photocopy things. In fact, you can go far beyond a simple copy to create posters, banners, brochures and booklets at the Copy Center on the third floor of Jones Hall. If you need help with design, staff is available to assist. Coin-operated copy machines for small jobs are in various locations across campus.
What Makes It All Work
Behind all this action is the STLCOP Department of Information Technology, where experts work to ensure our systems run well and you have the connectivity you need. From computer support to database management to instructional media development, our IT professionals assist with a wide range of technology needs.