American Pharmacists Month
October is American Pharmacists Month! Look for events and educational opportunities as we celebrate our students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
At St. Louis College of Pharmacy, we like to be aware and accepting of different cultures. One way to express that inclusion and acceptance is through student organizations like the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). Any and all students are welcome to join the GSA, which promotes understanding, tolerance, and equality among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and straight students. The organization works to provide a safe and open environment for LGBT and straight students to gather and socialize on campus, as well as provide an environment where students can feel free to bring up personal issues and receive support. In the past, the GSA has held movie nights, co-sponsored events for World AIDS Day, National Coming Out Day and National Day of Silence, and organized sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing clinics on campus. The GSA at STLCOP was founded in fall 2008 by Derek Ray, now a sixth-year student. The organization’s advisor is Anne Brackett, coordinator of residence life at the College.
View the gallery
STLCOP students bring a diverse array of interests and skills to our campus, and STLCOP offers more than 50 student organizations designed to provide social, professional, and service opportunities to enhance those interests and enrich students’ lives and education. You’re sure to find a group–or several–that will make your time at STLCOP even more fulfilling and fun.
- Student Governance: The governing body of STLCOP students, giving you a voice in policy decisions and facilitating student involvement on administrative and faculty committees.
- SPA Professional Student Organizations: Includes the Student Pharmacists Association and other affiliated organizations that help students access opportunities and resources for leadership and professional development.
- Other Professional Organizations: Organizations that provide opportunities to become a well-rounded leader in pharmacy and in the community. Not affiliated with the Student Pharmacists Association.
- Fraternities: STLCOP is home to nine fraternities that include both male and female students as members. Fraternites provide students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and engage in service and outreach.
- Cultural and Interest-Based Organizations: Allow students to gather for a wide variety of activities such as politics, dance, chess, and weight training. Sharing news and memories, students publish Pharmakon, the monthly campus newspaper, and Prescripto, the annual STLCOP yearbook.
Learn more about student organizations and opportunities to get involved on campus.
Student Organization Resources
Detailed information on student organizations and policies in available. For more information or questions, please contact Erin Boswell at email@example.com.
- (PDF) Spring 2014 Student Organization Main Contact List: a complete listing of student organizations on campus, including student and advisor contacts. Updated every semester.
- (PDF) Student Organization Handbook 2013-14: a comprehensive guide to establishing and continuing a recognized student organization on campus. Updated every school year.