Monday, Sept. 30
The College's annual Variety Show features performances by individual students and student organizations, and usually features more than a few laughs.
At St. Louis College of Pharmacy, we like to be aware and accepting of different cultures. One way to express that inclusion and acceptance is through student organizations like the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). Any and all students are welcome to join the GSA, which promotes understanding, tolerance, and equality among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and straight students. The organization works to provide a safe and open environment for LGBT and straight students to gather and socialize on campus, as well as provide an environment where students can feel free to bring up personal issues and receive support. In the past, the GSA has held movie nights, co-sponsored events for World AIDS Day, National Coming Out Day and National Day of Silence, and organized sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing clinics on campus. The GSA at STLCOP was founded in fall 2008 by Derek Ray, now a sixth-year student. The organization’s advisor is Anne Brackett, coordinator of residence life at the College.
View the gallery
STLCOP students bring a diverse array of interests and skills to our campus, and STLCOP offers more than 50 student organizations designed to provide social, professional, and service opportunities to enhance those interests and enrich students’ lives and education. You’re sure to find a group–or several–that will make your time at STLCOP even more fulfilling and fun.
- STLCOP’s campus organizations range from the Black Student Alliance (BSA) to the Weight Training Club.
- The Student Body Union is the governing body of STLCOP students, giving you a voice in policy decisions and facilitating student involvement on administrative and faculty committees. For more information, please contact Erin Boswell at email@example.com.
- Sharing news and memories, students publish Pharmakon, the monthly campus newspaper, and Prescripto, the annual STLCOP yearbook.
- Literary types enjoy producing STLCOP’s annual literary magazine, ConjuRxings, and share their love of the written word through the STLCOP book club, Booksies.
- Five professional fraternities/sororities and one social Greek organization perform community service, participate in professional activities and organize social events.
Step into the Profession!
Professional campus organizations are gateways to your future in the pharmacy profession. Our graduates are well-rounded leaders in pharmacy and in their communities, and many were introduced to leadership roles through the professional organizations available on campus. For instance, the Student Pharmacists Association coordinates and organizes the activities of the student chapters of the three major national pharmacy associations. And the Student Alumni Association connects students with STLCOP alumni and other health care professionals, building relationships that serve to enhance individual careers and the profession as a whole.