Commencement Honors the Class of 2015
Published on 04 May 2015
An historic year for St. Louis College of Pharmacy was capped off by the largest graduating class in the College’s history. The Class of 2015 will hold a special place as the College celebrated its 150th birthday year. During Commencement at the Peabody Opera House in downtown St. Louis, 206 graduates strode across the stage as they were bestowed a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. The graduates included 31 students who joined the College at the start of the professional program. Before the class of 2015, the College had never accepted more than 10 new transfer students in any given year.
In his opening remarks, College President John A. Pieper, Pharm.D., told the class they were more dedicated to community service than any student pharmacists in the country. The graduation’s distinguished speaker was Steve Lipstein, president and chief executive officer of BJC HealthCare.
By the Numbers
- 206 graduates
- 31 transfer students
- 43 graduates Cum Laude (with honors)
- 14 graduates Magna Cum Laude (with high honors)
- 14 graduates Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors)
- 16 graduate home states
- 147th Commencement
- 17 College alumni on faculty
- 1921 Year class song was composed
- 9 Statements in the Oath of a Pharmacist
- 9 members of bagpipe band who opened the ceremony