St. Louis College of Pharmacy Marketing and Communications supports the College’s efforts to be globally prominent in pharmacy and health care education, interprofessional patient-centered care, and collaborative research by providing experts on a variety of topics.
Faculty members are available to give perspective on the newest trends in health care or the latest study or research report.
Pharmacists are the most accessible health care providers in the community, and our faculty specialize in translating often complex health information into easily understood, actionable information.
Contact us for more information.
Danielle Unzicker, Interim Director
Marketing and Communications
- 13 October 2015 : It cost the average Missouri community pharmacy $12.99 to dispense a prescription in 2014, according to a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
- 12 March 2013 : St. Louis College of Pharmacy has received national recognition for the work that students, faculty, and staff do in the community.
- 24 June 2013 : A survey by a federal government agency found that each day, nearly three thousand teenagers abuse a prescription drug for the first time.
- 24 June 2013 : International pharmacy leader Henri Manasse Jr., Ph.D., Sc.D. (Hon.), FFIP, will be the featured speaker at this year’s St. Louis College of Pharmacy commencement ceremony.
- 24 June 2013 : Rain did not hold back anyone in St. Louis looking to safely dispose of unwanted and expired medication.
- 01 June 2015 : A team of students at St. Louis College of Pharmacy and Washington University School of Medicine was chosen as one of three winners of the national Script Your Future Award, a national campaign to raise awareness about medication adherence.
- 24 June 2013 : The AIDS epidemic in South Africa has produced a substantial need for health care professionals. To help meet that demand, St. Louis College of Pharmacy has been chosen to assist in the development and expansion of a pharmacy technician training program in South Africa.
- 23 June 2013 : St. Louis College of Pharmacy is changing athletic conference affiliation, and the Eutectics will begin competing in the American Midwest Conference in the fall of 2014.
- 18 July 2013 : On Saturday, 25 high school students walked across the stage to receive a certificate at St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
- 19 July 2013 : For the first time, graduates of the BESt Pharmacy Summer Institute have been conditionally accepted to attend St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
- 22 July 2013 : St. Louis College of Pharmacy has once again been named a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- 08 August 2013 : When classes begin at St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Aug. 19, students will learn from 11 new full-time faculty members
- 30 August 2014 : For the first time, there will be a vaccine which protects against four strains of the flu virus.
- 04 September 2013 : Third-year students at St. Louis College of Pharmacy recently took part in a White Coat Ceremony, symbolizing the first step in becoming a pharmacist.
- 25 October 2013 : Being a kid with type 1 diabetes can be difficult during Halloween. That’s why students at St. Louis College of Pharmacy organize Boo Fest on campus every year.
- 04 November 2013 : A major construction project will soon be underway, which will transform the look of one of St. Louis’ oldest colleges
- 18 December 2013 : With the new year quickly approaching, many are beginning to think about resolutions. Amy Tiemeier, Pharm.D., BCPS, associate professor of pharmacy practice at St. Louis College of Pharmacy suggests four easy resolutions for a healthier 2014.
- 03 April 2015 : As the flowers and trees begin to bloom, millions of Americans will be reaching for over-the-counter allergy medications.
- 01 June 2015 : On Wednesday, April 9, students from St. Louis College of Pharmacy will offer free health screenings to all visitors to the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- 01 June 2015 : Americans spend nearly $1,100 per person on prescription and over-the-counter medications every year, and much of it is left in cabinets, drawers, or forgotten.
- 12 May 2014 : A marathon quest to hold 28 health education events in 28 days earned a team of student pharmacists, physicians, nurses and therapists a national award.
- 28 April 2014 : The anticipation is building for Terry Seaton, Pharm.D., BCPS, as he’s about to embark on a three-year journey which will take him all over the country.
- 28 July 2014 : The St. Louis College of Pharmacy Board of Trustees voted to approve James Buford, Mazen Darwazah, and Frankie Eichenberger as trustees to serve three-year terms.
- 01 July 2014 : For the third consecutive year, St. Louis College of Pharmacy joins an elite group of colleges and universities named to The Chronicle of Higher Education’s 2014 Great Colleges to Work For.
- 08 September 2014 : It will soon be much easier for Americans to safely dispose of unwanted medications.
- 01 June 2015 : This year marks the 150th anniversary for St. Louis College of Pharmacy. In honor of Founder’s Day on November 11, the College has planned several activities in the St. Louis region.
- 19 February 2015 : Members of St. Louis College of Pharmacy faculty and administration have recently been named to prominent national positions.
- 17 March 2015 : St. Louis College of Pharmacy announces that Heather L. Flabiano, Ph.D., MBA, CPA, will join the College’s leadership team as Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.