MARCUS LONG,  B.A., M.A.Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Chief of Staff
BA in Political Science and History, University of Missouri;
MA in Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, University of Missouri
Area of Speciality
- School and college health, community health policy, state government.
Favorite courses,activities,and scholarly interest
- Every fall, I teach SS3550 - State Policy and Politics
- My research focus is in policy and educational interventions that reduce or eliminate infectious disease transmission in school and college environments.
- Currently, I am part of a multidisciplinary team at St. Louis College of Pharmacy and Washington University School of Medicine studying the awareness of community-associated Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) among high school coaches and athletic directors.
- Berry, T., Holstad, S., & Long, M. (July 2008). Clinical prevention and population health: In class, in practice, and everyday life. Poster presented at annual meeting of American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chicago.
- Hardesty, J., Gattas, N., Long, M., Tiemeier, A.M., & Murphy, J.A. (July 2008). Actions to improve patient safety through curricular and co-curricular research and education programs. Poster presented at annual meeting of American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chicago.
- Long, M., & Townsend, B. K. (April 2006). How effective are articulation agreements in facilitating baccalaureate completion for community college transfers? Paper presented at annual meeting of Council for the Study of Community Colleges, Long Beach, CA.
I have spent nearly 20 years in higher education administration and have served as a registered lobbyist in state government. I enjoy helping STLCOP students understand the role government has in their lives and how to affect policy decisions at the local, state and national level.