Frequently Asked Questions
The information below pertains to students participating in the Doctor of Pharmacy Commencement. To learn more about the Bachelor of Science Commencement, visit the Undergraduate FAQs.
To jump to a specific question, select it from the list below.
- How many announcements will I receive?
- Do I need to pick up the announcements or will they be automatically mailed to my home?
- Is it possible to purchase extra announcements?
- What are the diploma dimensions?
- What is the fee for the cap, gown, announcements and diploma?
- Where do I order my cap, gown, and hood?
- Which gown should I order, the doctorate or the master’s gown?
- What is the deadline to order my cap, gown, and hood?
- Where do I pick up my cap, gown and hood?
- What time should I arrive and where do I go once I’m at the Peabody?
- What time should guests arrive?
- Where do I park?
- Is it a requirement that I participate in the ceremony?
- What is the cumulative grade point average needed to receive honors?
- Where and when do I get my board applications and honor medals?
- When is graduation rehearsal and is it mandatory?
- What is the Graduate Reception Ceremony?
Each doctoral graduate will receive 25 personalized announcements. Please do not confuse the number of announcements with the number of tickets (wristbands) that will be issued.
All announcements will be mailed to the address you designate during your order on the Herff Jones website.
Yes, you may order additional announcements during your Herff Jones order. You will need a major credit card.
Doctor of Pharmacy diplomas measure 8.5x11 inches.
A commencement fee was included in your fall bill. The fee takes care of your cap, gown, diploma, tassel, hood, and 25 announcements.
Start the order by clicking on “Order a Cap and Gown” (you can add announcements and a diploma frame during your order). There is a link for doctoral graduates and bachelor's graduates. Make sure to click the correct ceremony you will be attending.
The deadline to order is March 31, 2017. This allows times to process the orders and ship to our bookstore.
Pick up for both the Pharm.D and B.S. graduates will be in the Follett Bookstore in the new Mid Campus Center building, just across Children's Place our Residence Hall and Jones Hall. An email reminder will be sent closer to the pick-up days (May 1-10).
Graduates should arrive at the Peabody by 12:30 p.m. Please enter at the west entrance on Market and 15th. Then, proceed to the Midland States Bank room for gowning (there will be attendants to guide you).
Make sure your cap, gown, and tassel are with you. We will not have extras.
The main doors of the Peabody and the auditorium will open for guests at 12:30 p.m.
This information will be updated as we get closer to commencement.
Yes, unless the Office of the Registrar has received a written waiver from Dean Canaday.
Honors are awarded as follows:
- 3.20-3.49 Cum Laude (with honors)
- 3.50-3.69 Magna cum Laude (with high honors)
- 3.70-4.00 Summa cum Laude (with highest honors)
Board applications and honor medals will be available starting Monday, April 24, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Welcome Desk (1st floor ARB). Your 12 tickets will be in a packet along with your board application. You must pick up your board application and honor medals by Thursday, May 11.
Attendance at the Pharm.D. rehearsal is mandatory. Rehearsal will be at 7 p.m., Friday, May 12, in the auditorium. All students earning Pharm.D.s should arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. so rehearsal can begin on time.
The Graduate Reception Ceremony is for the Pharm.D. graduates and has traditionally been held after graduation rehearsal. The reception will be held in the quad and starts at 8 p.m. Family and friends are welcome to attend this event where we will have a dessert reception, band and short ceremony led by Dr. Pieper.