Applications for participation in BESt 2016, including COMPASS Placement Test scores for BESt II and BESt III applicants, are due by April 1, 2016.
For 2016 BESt I, II or III sessions, the requested materials are to be postmarked and mailed by March 28 in an effort to make the April 1 application deadline.
Please read these instructions and the eligibility criteria before completing the online application as some materials may be required prior to completing the online application. After completion of the online application, please mail a copy of the following information to BESt at the P.O. Box listed below.
- A high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendations. One letter of recommendation must be from the applicant’s math or science teacher.
- A signed authorization for the release of information from your school, giving BESt the ability to request your official ACT results.
- BESt III Applications only - A copy of your most recent ACT or SAT test score.
Please mail required materials to:
BESt Pharmacy Summer Institute
Attn: Application Committee
P.O. Box 32810
Olivette, MO 63132
To apply for the program, submit the online application.
Please review the data requirements of the online application form before applying to BESt. Applications that are incomplete can not be saved and completed at a later date. Only complete applications can be submitted for BESt program review. Please ensure the applicants required information is available before the application process is commenced.
IMPORTANT NOTE: BESt II APPLICANTS (Only High School Sophomores)
BESt II applicants are required to take the reading and writing portion of the COMPASS Placement Test at St. Louis Community College-Forest Park. The math portion of the Compass Placement Test is not required. All BESt II applicants should have COMPASS Placement Test scores available when completing the BESt online application form. All current high school sophomores (BESt II applicants) must submit an application to St. Louis Community College-Forest Park at least one hour prior to taking the COMPASS Placement Test. If you have any questions about the Forest Park application or the COMPASS Placement Test, please contact Deborah Logan at 314.644.9101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE: BESt III APPLICANTS (Only High School Juniors)
As part of the program, BESt III students are eligible to receive college credit for classes taken in the program over the summer. All current high school juniors (BESt III applicants) must submit an application to St. Louis Community College-Forest Park at least one hour prior to taking the COMPASS Placement Test. If you have any questions about the Forest Park application or the COMPASS Placement Test, please contact Deborah Logan at 314.644.9101 or email@example.com
- All high school juniors must complete the Dual Enrollment Application to St. Louis Community College-Forest Park. Applicants must submit the Dual Enrollment Application with high school transcript to the St. Louis Community College-Forest Park Admissions Office at least 1 hour prior to taking the COMPASS Placement Test.
- Applicants must present their St. Louis Community College student number and picture identification to sit for the COMPASS Placement Test. Call or visit the Assessment Center at St. Louis Community College-Forest Park to obtain a schedule for COMPASS Placement Test opportunities.
- BESt III applicants should have COMPASS Placement Test scores available when completing the BESt online application form.
- All BESt III applicants must submit a school issued and approved “Authorization for Release of Information” for student records including but not limited to ACT results and transcripts. You must submit the “Authorization for Release of Information” to the P.O. Box listed above.
For Summer 2016 BESt I, II and III sessions, the BESt Acceptance Committee will review all candidate applications following the April 1, 2016 application deadline.
All applicant interviews will be held in April 2016. Specific applicant interview date, time and location details will be provided to the selected interview candidates following the application review process. Interviews will be scheduled in the evening, between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.