White Coat Ceremony
During this prestigious occasion, students receive their pharmacy coats, signifying the beginning of the professional program and their first steps toward their careers in pharmacy.
As an institution dedicated to the study of health care, St. Louis College of Pharmacy places a great emphasis on personal health and well-being. Therefore, the College requires that all STLCOP students be covered by a health insurance plan. Students will be required to show proof of coverage by a health insurance policy and will enter proof of their coverage online through the Aetna Student Health website by Aug. 1. There will be an annual enrollment/waiver period during the summer months preceding the Aug. 1 deadline.
It is imperative that students watch for emails during the spring and summer regarding when enrollment will begin and how to waive this coverage. Instructions also will be included in the summer tuition statement, which is mailed in July. Students who have not shown proof of other coverage by the Aug. 1 deadline will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the new-student group plan through Aetna Student Health. Once enrolled, this policy cannot be canceled.
- The STLCOP plan will be in effect Aug. 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014.
- A complete summary of the benefits can be found on the Aetna STLCOP page or by downloading the information here.
- The cost for the 2013-14 school year is $1,591, which will be divided into two semester payments.
- Financial aid packages can be adjusted to cover this cost
- Students enrolled in the STLCOP plan will not be charged co-pays for visits to Saint Louis University's Student Health Services.