Critical Issue 2
Research and Scholarship
How does STLCOP develop and advance a research and scholarship agenda that meets the needs of the institution and the community?
- Develop a collaborative center for drug research.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to establish a center for drug research, the specific focus of which is to be determined after further analysis.
- Identify and develop the appropriate educational programs (i.e., STLCOP’s and other institutions’ graduate degree programs) that would be incorporated into the offerings of the center for drug research.
- Develop a center for patient education and health literacy.
- Conduct a market analysis to identity areas of sustainable success and use this information to develop the conceptual framework of the center.
- Identify partners for collaboration and identify funding sources.
- Develop unique areas of focus to establish a niche in this area.
- Determine best practices for disseminating information about STLCOP health literacy programs to raise community and academic awareness.
- Develop a center of health professions education.
- Complete an analysis of education centers at colleges of pharmacy, medicine, nursing and other health professions.
- Re-establish the Pedagogical Research Group as a standing faculty committee with annual charges.
- Establish a collaboration with a local institution’s school or department of education to support efforts in educational research.
- Establish an annual summer teaching workshop/symposium on campus.
- Become a national leader in developing current and future health professions educators.
- Support areas of research and scholarship that capitalize on the interests and expertise of faculty and are aligned with the College’s mission.
- Develop the infrastructure to support STLCOP research initiatives.
- Publicize the areas of research and scholarship that are occurring among our faculty to promote the success and growth of these programs.
- Create other centers based on relevance and demand.