Phase II Construction
With the new academic and research building and library complete, the College began construction of a new student center and residence hall October 2015. The 193,000-square-foot, seven-story building will be located on the site of the former Whelpley Hall.
As it is currently planned:
- The first floor will consist of a large dining hall and kitchen, reception area, and a competition gymnasium
- The second floor will have meeting rooms and an intramural gymnasium
- A recreation center with a 200-meter, three-lane indoor track will be the main feature on the third floor
- The student center, including a success center and student support offices, will be on the fourth floor
- The College’s second residence hall with room for 220 beds will be on the fifth through seventh floors, nearly doubling the College’s on-campus housing space.
The College chose Forum Studio, a St. Louis-based company, as its architectural firm. PARIC Corporation will serve as general contractor.
Phase II Renderings
View from the corner of Duncan Ave. and Taylor Ave. looking North.
View from Duncan Ave. looking West.
View from St. Louis College of Pharmacy campus looking East.
View from inside the Student Center.